Happy Halloween and News!
To all my friends and fans in the US, Happy Halloween! Tonight, my neighborhood will be full of little kids (and some not so little kids) begging for treats in adorable costumes. Every year we put our big dog in a NY Giants jersey and take him along with us. He loves to meet people, so it’s lots of fun for him to go around with us. This pic is from last year when he was all tuckered out from being adored by the neighbors.
In anticipation of the holiday, I’ve been watching a lot of movies featuring monsters, vampires, and all sorts of creatures, including my favorite werewolves. Just for fun, here are my top five werewolf movies. This is just my opinion, and I’m sure there are plenty of other fab werewolf movies out there, but these are the ones that I watch when I want to immerse myself in werewolf films. These are in no particular order, and I make no apologies for time-wasted if you actually watch these:
- Underworld: Rise of the Lycans. Lucian (Michael Sheen) as the originator of a race of werewolves that were bred by the vampires to be slaves and guards. He’s a perfect, tortured hero.
- Silver Bullet: This is the first werewolf movie I ever saw. Campy, yes, but a classic in my mind.
- Cursed: Christina Ricci and Jesse Eisenberg as siblings fighting the werewolf curse, and it co-stars the adorable Joshua Jackson. I dig the pentagram mark on their palms as a precursor to the curse.
- Blood and Chocolate: Human man, werewolf girl, plus the uber-sexy Olivier Martinez as the big bad alpha. Um…I lost my train of thought when I saw pics of Olivier. *fans self*.
- Red Riding Hood: I like the old-world, fairy tale feel and the twists of the storyline. Plus it doesn’t hurt that Shiloh Fernandez is a love interest.
- November is my two-year publishing anniversary. It’s hard for me to believe that two years has passed by already, but I’m really thrilled with how far I’ve come. In the next couple of weeks I’ll have a giveaway on the blog to celebrate the anniversary, so stay tuned for details!
- New Series: My new werewolf series will debut in December, hopefully early in the month. I’ll be posting on the blog when I have a concrete publication date as well as pre-order info as it becomes available. I’m really excited for this new series, and I’ll be doing a giveaway during the month, too.
- Are you part of my Shifter Babes Street Team? I just gave away several signed copies of The Wolf’s Mate Book One plus some of my fab swag. Join up! I’d love to have you!
- Melody’s book (Ashland Pride #3) is in edits and I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a January publication date!