Two Year Annivesary Giveaway!
I can’t believe that it’s been two years since I published my first book, A Curve of Claw, and took the plunge into self-publishing. I remember sitting across the table from my husband at a local restaurant and telling him that I thought I’d like to publish a book. My husband, who is no lover of fantasy anything, arched his brow and asked what the book would be about. “Werewolves,” I said, thinking about Jason and Cadence’s book, “falling in love and all that good stuff.” He snorted and said, “Well, have fun.” And I did!
From the first line of A Curve of Claw to my most recent release, A Promise on White Wings, I’ve written nineteen books spanning five series with over 900,000 words written! I’ve come a long way since I first published, and I wouldn’t be anywhere without my fans and the amazing friends I’ve made along the way. Without your support, I wouldn’t have kept writing and publishing, pushing myself to write better and faster, to dedicate myself to writing. So to you, my fans and my friends, I humbly say thank you, from the bottom of my heart.
**Some fun tidbits**
- A Curve of Claw was published on November 12, 2011. My first fan email came on November 14, just two short days later!
- I save every fan email and message, and have printed out many of them and keep them on my desk.
- My eyes are hazel, but I always wished they were green (my favorite color), which is why Elizabeth and Cadence both have green eyes. Callie, though, has hazel eyes, and so does Bo.
- I didn’t know that Allen, Kentucky was a real place until a fan told me. To this day, I don’t know where the name “Allen” came from in my mind, but the town itself is patterned after a small town in Northern Ohio.
- I can play the piano and I love to sing. Music makes it’s way into a lot of my books because I love it so much. And although I don’t listen to music while I write, I do watch youtube videos and listen to the radio for inspiration.
- I buy a Pandora charm every time I publish a book. For Logan’s book, I bought a fairy. For Every Dawn Forever, a heart. For Lachyln’s book, a peridot charm for the month’s birthstone. For Jes’ book, a book of fairy tales.
- The hardest book to write: Callie’s. Ending the friendship between her and Cades was like a knife in my heart. Although it was organic to the storyline, it still made me sad.
- The book I had the most fun writing: Michael’s. All his funny quips and one-liners really made it a funny book to write.
- The book with the most research: The Tribe’s Bride. I learned more than I ever wanted to about living in the wild, from tanning animal hides to making salt.
- Upcoming book I’m most excited about: Melody’s (Marking Melody, Ashland Pride #3). I finally explore why the female lions are the way they are and reconnect with some ghosts from the Pride’s past.
Because it’s my anniversary, I wanted to do something special on the blog, and what better way to say thank you, than to do a giveaway! Beginning today, November 11, enter the rafflecopter giveaway by answering the question – simply comment below on my blog and be sure to log into the rafflecopter with your email and follow the instructions to be entered. If you comment but don’t enter the rafflecopter, you won’t be entered into the giveaway!
There are two giveaways – one for US ONLY and one for INTERNATIONAL ONLY. Be sure to enter the appropriate rafflecopter.
Because of the expense, I’m unable to ship internationally, but I have plenty of ebooks to giveaway to my international fans & friends!!!
**Here’s the question for both the US and International Giveaways: What’s your favorite type of shifter?
(Mine? Well…I’m a little partial to wolves, although I do also like bears and lions and hyenas and…all of them!)
What am I giving away? Tons!!
- US ONLY GIVEAWAY
- (2) Amazon or B&N $20 gift cards
- (2) Amazon or B&N $10 gift cards
- (2) Signed copies of The Wolf’s Mate Book One plus Bookmarks (including my own handmade ribbon bookmark)
- (1) Wolf Pen + Wolf’s Mate Bookmarks + Ribbon Bookmark
- (1) Tiger Mug + Tiger Pen + Wolf’s Mate Bookmarks + Ribbon Bookmark
- (2) Set of Wolf’s Mate Bookmarks
- (4) Choice of eBook from my Backlist (i.e., any of my 19 books)
- INTERNATIONAL ONLY GIVEAWAY
- (8) Choice of eBook from my Backlist (i.e., any of my 19 books)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thanks to all of my fans and friends who’ve made the last two years so amazing! Good luck in the contest! XOXO, RE